The Mantus Chain Hook:
The Smartest Bridle Hook for your boat!
- The Mantus Chain Hook, or chain grabber securely latches to the chain even when chain is unloaded, making it much safer than standard chain hooks that often fall off.
- The Mantus Chain Hook has no moving parts, thus can withstand harsh marine environment
- The chain grabber is safe, designed to be as strong as high test chain
- The Mantus Hook will work with your bridle, snubber, or can join two chain strands
- Fits BBB, Proofcoil, Hi Test and Stainless Chain
- Available for 1/4,5/16, 3/8 and 1/2 inch chain
- Available in 316L Stainless Steel (electro-polished) and Hot Dipped Galvanized carbon steel
Hook Sizing Recommendations
|Hook Size||WLL||UBS||Shackle (Size)||Recommended Bridle Rope|
|1/4 in (6-7mm)||1,073 lbs||4,294 lbs||3/8 in or 7/16 in Shackle||1/2 in|
|5/16 in (8mm)||1,877 lbs||7,511 lbs||7/16 in Shackle||5/8 in|
|3/8 in (10mm)||2,215 lbs||8,859 lbs||1/2 in Shackle||3/4 in|
|1/2 in (12-13mm)||3,442 lbs||13,767 lbs||5/8 in Shackle||1 in|
The safety factor we use to determine the safe working load is 4, where other manufacturers use the safety factor of 3 or lower thus UBS is the best way to compare strength between products.
The material properties of the carbon steel we use when manufacturing galvanized steel hook are the very similar to 316 stainless steel, thus the WLL and UBS values are practically the same for the galvanized and stainless steel hooks.
All hooks come with the shackle and plastic gate
|316L (electro-polished) SS||$47.50||$69.50||$87.50||$144.60|
|Galvanized (Hot Dipped)||$32.50||$43.50||$55.50||$87.50|
All hooks come with gate lock and correct sized shackle.
CALL US WITH ANY QUESTION:
WITHIN Austrailia: 0434 016 079