M2 ANCHOR IS A BETTER FIT FOR BOATS WITH BOW PULPITS
The Mantus M2 Anchor released in 2019, has the same performance characteristics as the M1 but has a more compact profile and can roll over without the need for a rollbar. The M2 anchor is a better fit for boats with bow pulpits with slotted anchor housing and bow sprits.
UNPARALLELED HOLDING POWER
The M2 Anchor is designed to penetrate dense, grassy bottoms and set with unparalleled holding power. Expect the Mantus Anchor to set every time the first time.
FREE UP MUCH NEEDED BOAT SPACE
Whether you are a long range cruiser, racer or day sailor, the Mantus anchor is stowable and dismantles for easy storage. One or two anchors can be stored as spares without taking up much needed boat space.
- Formed out of high-quality steel plate and high end precision casting.
- ASTM certified bolts are oversized with a large margin to ensure safety.
- Although the bolt used in the assembly is load bearing, only a fraction of the load is transmitted to the bolt.
- Shank and roll bar are bolted to the fluke.
- In the carbon steel version every part of the anchor system is hot-dipped galvanised for corrosion protection. (All shanks are HT ASTM 514 Steel and flukes are mild steel A36 equivalent)
- Nose of the anchor is reinforced to guarantee a lifetime longevity.
DESIGNED FOR FIT
Designed to fit boats with bow sprits and bow pulpits.
After the release of the Mantus M2 Anchor we often get the question: Which one is better?
Both Anchors have an amazing setting and resetting ability and both are excellent choices for a primary anchor, but each has its own small specific advantages.
Both anchors roll over well in most bottom conditions and it is rare for a properly weighted anchor to end up upside down, nevertheless M1 anchor due to its roll bar is better at rolling over in a really soft silty bottom.
NO NEED FOR A ROLL BAR
The M2 Anchor is less likely to get plugged up with muddy weeds and, without the need for the roll bar, the M2 is less bulky. The M2 anchor better fit for boats with bow pulpits with slotted anchor housing and bow sprits.
Dimensions and Fit
|M2 MODEL DIMENSIONS METRIC (mm)|
|M2 MODEL DIMENSIONS IMPERIAL (inches)|