UNPARALLELED HOLDING POWER
The Mantus M1 Anchor digs in like no other anchor with unparalleled holding power. It has been designed to penetrate dense, grassy bottoms and set with unparalleled holding power. When tested, Mantus Anchors set faster and deeper than any other tested anchor including; Rocna, Manson Supreme, Bulwagga, Fortress, Bruce, CQR and Danforth anchors.
EASY TO STORE
The Mantus M1 Anchors are simply the best boat anchors available, whether you are a long-range cruiser, racing or day sailor. The Mantus anchor is stowable and dismantles for easy storage. It is suitable for use as a primary anchor and many sailors have an extra one dismantled for use as a storm anchor without taking up much needed boat space.
- Formed out of high-quality steel plate. Contains no cast parts.
- Shank and shank boot are welded from top and bottom.
- Shank and roll bar are bolted to the fluke.
- ASTM certified steel bolts are oversized with a large margin to ensure safety.
- Although the shank is attached to the fluke with 4 bolts, a single bolt has sufficient strength to handle the maximum expected load on the anchor.
- In the carbon steel version every part of the anchor system is hot-dipped galvanised for corrosion protection. (All shanks are HT ASTM 514 steel and flukes are mild steel A36 equivalent)
- Sharp-headed nose is precision machined to achieve the perfect chisel shape to achieve maximum penetrating power.
After the release of the Mantus M2 Model we often get the question: Which one is better?
Both Anchors have an amazing setting and resetting ability, both are excellent choices for a primary anchor, and both have unparalleled holding power. But each has its own small specific advantages.
Both anchors roll over well in most bottom conditions and it is rare for a properly weighted anchor to end up upside down, nevertheless M1 Anchor due to its roll bar is better at rolling over in a really soft silty bottom.
The M2 Anchor is less likely to get plugged up with muddy weeds and, without the need for the roll bar, the M2 is less bulky. Thus the M2 Anchor provides a better fit for boats with bow pulpits with slotted anchor housing and bow sprits.
DIMENSIONS AND FIT
|M1 MODEL DIMENSIONS (IMPERIAL)|
|M1 MODEL DIMENSIONS (METRIC)|