After the release of the Mantus M2 Model
we often get the question:
Which one is better?
- Both Anchors have an amazing setting and resetting ability and both are excellent choices for a primary anchor, but each has its own small specific advantages.
- Both anchors roll over well in most bottom conditions and it is rare for a properly weighted anchor to end up upside down.
- The M1 Anchor due to its roll bar is better at rolling over in a really soft silty bottom.
- The M2 anchor is less likely to get plugged up with muddy weeds, and without the need for the roll bar the M2 is less bulky.
- The M2 model provides a better fit for boats with bow pulpits with slotted anchor housing and bow sprits.